[6pack] Non-return Valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Non-return Valve
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:01:41 -0400
Hey folks!

Hope your weekend's been a good one thus far...!!

On the brake servo is the non-return valve connecting vacuum to the servo
and engine. Originally, these were bayonet-type inserts, part number
516907.
As many of you already know, these are no longer available through the
standard parts resellers..... I DO note, however, that  there is a
push-in type
of non-return valve, part number 18G8953, available from Rimmer Bros and
Moss UK -- for some reason, not carried by the Big 3.

(http://www.moss-europe.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=2404#top).

Will the push in type work in the same way as the original bayonet type?
Has the
push-in superseded the bayonet type? There WAS a guy in the UK, selling
them
on eBay a few months ago, but I don't see them listed, now.

Thanks for any insights....

Dave
CF25194U+O+TBI