[6pack] Clutch Master Cylinder diameters

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Clutch Master Cylinder diameters
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:42:18 -0700 (PDT)
I recently bought new clutch MCs for my 69 and 70 TR6.  The 69 called for the
.75 diameter bore and the 70 called for the .70 diameter.  You can probably
tell where I'm going from here already.  There was a 50% probability that,
without looking at the part number, I would get the right one on the right
car.  Of course that didn't happen or you wouldn't be seeing this message.

Nevertheless, as an object lesson and an admission of stupidity you may wish
to know what happens as a result of getting these two ass backwards.  First,
the effort required to push the clutch down on the 70 just about doubled and
has become a real PITA to use around town.  Secondly the MC on the 69 doesn't
want to disengage as easily as it should though some of this may be because
further bleeding of the Slave Cylinder is needed.  Am I correct in assuming
that the larger diameter of the MC on the 69 has resulted in slightly less
pressure thus less extension of the Slave cylinder which reduces the throw
of the clutch fork or is it just more FM related to our LBCs.

Mike Lunsford,  Bunch of TR6s, bunch of parts