Re: [6pack] Jacking Point and Instructions

To: "Brian J. Alwin" <brian@asmoothmove.biz>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Jacking Point and Instructions
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:21:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Brian J. Alwin wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> After the Nats I experienced a flat tire and had to use my TR-6's jack for
> the first time. Problem was, I had never used it before and had no idea
> where it was supposed to go under the car! I ended up using it under the
> shock mounting boss on the rear control arm. Can anyone tell me where the
> jack points are and if there is supposed to be an instruction sticker on the
> boot lid?

USE THE JACK ANYWHERE ON THE FRAME.

I tend to use the flat sections under the doors. The rear frame "turns up"
and is not a good place to jack unless you like to have the car fall off
the jack!

I believe the owner manual has a diagram of the jacking points.

> Many thanks!
>
> Brian J. Alwin
> Minnesnowta
> 1972 TR-6 CC79085

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489