Re: [6pack] Heat Shield

To: sakirsis@consolidated.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Heat Shield
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:44:18 EDT
Stuff you guys already know, but sometimes worth repeating.......

Heat Shield will not necessarily cure an existing fuel handling problem, but
will always improve the efficiencies of engine operations.

Heat & Altitude is always an enemy. And perhaps today's fuels contribute to
the problem.

>From the fifties, it seems that Triumph was the only British marque that did
not have a heat shield. I suspect a cost issue of tooling, materials, and
labor.

Stainless Steel Heat shields get even better with an air gap (double wall).
Cold Air Boxes raise the bar even further.

Joe A

> I am having the same problem with my '70. I am planning to install a heat
> shield. Fuel could possibly be vaporizing.

   </HTML>