Re: [6pack] 71 TR6 Fuel Problems

To: douglas hounsell <dhounsell@msn.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] 71 TR6 Fuel Problems
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 05:02:24 GMT
Doug---You didn't mention if the problem goes away after 3000 rpm, so I'll
assume that it is still there. I'd first make sure that the fuel filter is
clean, as the engine could be starving for fuel after you go for a lengthy run
Taking the engine to a speed where not enough fuel can pass thru could be
what's happening. Stopping, or idling the engine allows the filter to pass
enough to fill the lines to the carbs (depending on the fuel level in the fuel
tank).  This is easy enough to check. Just remove the line right before the
carbs and start the engine. (Have an empty container at the ready, of course)
If the fuel gushes out endlessly, then the filter is NOT the problem!

If the engine dies out, let a container and gravity feed some fuel into the
line that goes to the carbs. Check again. If the engine still won't rev to it's
heart's content, there could be some dirt stuck in one or both (unlikely) of
the float jets.

Otherwise, how's this "creampuff" doing! Still looking as good as when I last
saw it?

Dick
L.A.