Re: [6pack] Wiring Harness

To: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Wiring Harness
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:52:52 -0700
        John:

        The wiring harnesses for the big three are all made by the same
supplier, so shop price. I got mine on sale from Moss. Some
observations:

        1. DO NOT throw away your old harness. A few of the electrical
bits are no longer made, and you will need to transfer a few of the bits
from your old harness to the new one.
        2. The fit and finish of the harness is more than adequate.
        3. In one or two cases, the wire colors were incorrect on the
new harness, leading to some confusion. E.g. a wire was light green when
it was supposed to be dark green. At first I thought I had made an
installation mistake, but some work with a volt meter confirmed that I
had wired things correctly.
        4. The harness maker substituted a different socket for the
instrument lights. The sockets require different bulbs, available at an
auto parts store for a few pennies. Presumably this was because the
original style sockets are no longer available.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast