[6pack] Hardtop work?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Hardtop work?
From: richard olson <nosto53@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
I bought my hardtop in 2005.
Now I want to fix it and put it in my TR6.
But....my TR6 is blue and the hardtop is...RED!
(NO - I can't paint in blue/red/white for British on the top.)

First - I painted my TR6 in 2001 and will get the same paint
(Glasturit BC/CC) in Delft.

Second -
The headliner is tan and new (no rips/rotted).
I have all the new small 'bits' (bolts,nuts).
My glass is great and my chrome is 'OK'

Q1:
I plan to use "soda bicar" with my blaster so I can get
the outside cleared but how can I keep the headliner good?
Can I use tape and newspaper ( or 'pro' paper) ?  Is the OK?

Q2:
There are a inner and outside gaskets for the glass.  My headliners gasket
are good.  Can I get the outside gaskets on, tape/paper,and blaster
with the old red paint to metal?

Thank you,
RickO