Re: [6pack] paranoid daily driver

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] paranoid daily driver
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:24:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hello List,

I would think that driving a lbc would be safer today than when the vehicle was
manufactured.  Modern vehicles have anti-lock brakes, crumple zones, warning
backup/area buzzers and stability controls.  These items may help the modern
vehicle driver during an accident with a lbc reducing the damage/ injury to the
lbc and driver.  There where larger and heavier vehicles on the road when the
lbc were produced that did not have the modern safety features with crumple
zones.  Now the disclaimer, there are always going to be situations that the
lbc and driver will be on the losing end in an accident.  Drivers of modern
vehicles lose their lives and total their vehicles today just like in the past
when the lbc's were produced. It boils down to when your time on earth is up!
It may not be when you are driving your lbc!

I personally give the car in front of me a count of 2-3 seconds following
distance when driving in city/ interstate traffic.  This allows my TR6 enough
distance to stop.

Daily driver and my .02 cents,
Greg Perry