[6pack] Wit's end!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Wit's end!
From: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:42:33 -0600 (MDT)
First, I know that it is next to impossible to diagnose electricals
over the internet...

Situation:  Completely new wiring harnesses-  all of them, main, rear,
and OD.  New relays, new nearly everything.

All seems to be working well except that when I honk the horn, it will
not quit!  It is silent until I make the circuit at the sterring wheel,
then it honks.  I break the circuit, but horn continues to blow, until
I disconnect the battery.

This is a cheap aftermarket air horn-  could it be shorted out
internally?  It is one thing in the system that is not new, and I was
having this problem before the new wiring.  I have checked the horn
button to relay circuit- it seems to be behaving as designed.

HELP!
Kevin