Re: [6pack] Sump bolts

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Sump bolts
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:15:58 -0700
Dave---The pan is reinforced in places and is thicker here, thus
requiring the extra bolt length. I don't remember that there's "six"
such places, but you should see the difference when looking at the pan
configuration. (Most of these are at the rear of the pan)

Dick

 From: forzion@maine.rr.com(David Friedlander)

Hey List !
I am in the midst of replacing my sump gasket and pulled the pan off
this morning.
Now that I am ready to replace the pan, using a new gasket, I realize
that six of the
23 sump bolts are maybe a 1/4" longer that the others. Is this simply
the work of the
DPO or are these longer bolts the way it came from the factory ? Id
these are stock,
I'd be curious to know if their location on the sump matters....
Thanks for any insights...
Cheers,
Dave Friedlander
CF25194U+O+TBI