Re: [6pack] TR6 tranny finds good home

To: jmerone@rocketmail.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 tranny finds good home
From: David B Johnson <dbjohnso@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:46:27 -0400
Joe, thanks again for the tranny!  I too would have hated to see it
relegated to the dump like so much rubbish.  I've given it a place of honor
next to my rebuilt OD transmission (waiting to be reinstalled) where I plan
to clean it up, give it a nice shiny coat of aluminum paint, tinker with it
and try my skills at rebuilding it as a spare.  Don't forget my
offer.....if you ever have a change of heart and want or need to reclaim
it, you know where to find me. I'm sure we'll be in touch more often now.
BTW,  Kai is delivering my engine this weekend. Yippee!

Dave

             Joe Merone
             <jmerone@rocketma
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  6 Pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
             6pack-bounces+dbj         Triumph List
             ohnso=us.ibm.com@         <triumphs@autox.team.net>
             autox.team.net                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/23/2008 09:19          [6pack] TR6 tranny finds good home
             AM

             Please respond to
             jmerone@rocketmai
                   l.com

Just a quick message to let you know that I found my old transmission a
good home yesterday and spared myself the eternal guilt of having to take
it to some cold and lonely dump - where it would turn the drive gears of a
TR6 no more.

And here's the best part:  Even with the global reach of this thing called
the internet, David Johnson - my new fellow Triumph enthusiast - lives only
20 miles from my house and came by and picked it up by 5:30 p.m. yesterday.

Keepin' it local,

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928 5-speed