[6pack] ZDDP in Oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] ZDDP in Oil
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
I hate to belabor this topic since we have already beat up on it quite a bit
but.......  I thought the general consensus was that some of the racing oils
such as Kendall and Valvoline have ZDDP in them (which is good) but there was
some question as to whether or not the  percentage of the ZDDP in these
currently sold oils is as high as it was in oils sold before the big push to
reduce ZDDP to increase catalytic converter life and decrease cam life in cars
like ours with solid lifters.  Does anyone know if these racing oils have
enough ZDDP in them to meet the needs of our cars (or is as high as it was in
the old days) which is most needed when installing a new cam and lifters?

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6 W/O Catalytic converter