[6pack] 10% ethanol discussion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] 10% ethanol discussion
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW (probably not much) I have been trying to avoid gasoline with even10%
ethanol.  Here in Florida there are still a few stations, Mobil comes to mind,
that don't have the 10% ethanol label on them.  I have noticed that both Hess
(the nearest station) and Shell now have 10% ethanol.  As several people have
mentioned, I am concerned about the possibility of deteriorating rubber and
plastic in the carbs, the plastic float on the fuel gauge sending unit as well
as the rubber fuel supply line I added during my TBI conversion.  I am also
concerned that the alcohol in the gasoline will attract water while in the tank
(hydro-something or other), especially during long storage periods.

  Mike Lunsford 1970 TR 6 with new brass float on the fuel gauge
http://mail.yahoo.com