[6pack] Hardtop Fix Question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Hardtop Fix Question
From: "James Henningsen" <trguy@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:35:33 -0400

One of the nuts that is used to secure the hardtop to the top of the
windscreen has come loose so the securing bolt spins freely.  I had to cut
the bolt head off to remove the hardtop.  I removed part of the weather
stripping and headliner to see what can be done, but am puzzled.  I really
can't see what is going on with removing most of the headliner.  I can feel
a bracket welded to the hardtop that the nut resides in.  Anyone ever fixed
one of these?  My short term solution is to use just the other bolt to
secure the top since there would still be a total 5 bolts in place.

Thanks in advance and hope to see some of you at The Gathering British Car
Show in North Carolina April 18-20.

Cheers,

Jim Henningsen

Maitland, FL