Re: [6pack] Synthetic Oil Engine Damage

To: sloseke@holly.colostate.edu, grant@bowtie6.com,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Synthetic Oil Engine Damage
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:10:33 EST
I would certainly agree with this assessment.  IF you are going to switch oil
in an engine IMHO you should ALWAYS run an engine flush with a new filter at
least once & maybe twice for good measure.  Then switch to your new oil.

There has been much debate of late on the various properties of oil for our
cars.  Most of which really only applies to the break in period of a newly
rebuilt motor but it doesn't hurt to flush or clean you engine now and then
regardless of what you are using.  There is NO substitute for good maintenance.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars
Branson, MO