Re: [6pack] speedo opinions

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] speedo opinions
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:18:37 -0800
        Jim:

        I am confused. You said it is your speedo that is making the
noise, but you tested the cable by turning the end on the dizzy?
        So, if it is the speedo, you tested the dizzy cable instead. You
need to test the cable end at the transmission, not at the dizzy. The
speedo gets its drive from the transmission, the *tachometer* is the one
that hooks to the dizzy. So if your speedo is noisy, then we don't care
about the tach cable.
        To test the speedo cable, you need to jack up the car, crawl
underneath, pop the cable off the tranny and hook up the drill there. My
bet is that your cable is bad or needs to be oiled.
        Sounds like your distributor cable is just fine though...

        Vance