Re: [6pack] [TR] engine swap / motor skip

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] engine swap / motor skip
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:27:26 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Put your timing light on the #2 plug wire with the engine running. Does
the timing light fire? If not, track down high-tension probs first. Then
look at the mechanical stuff... valve lash (already discussed), static
compression, leak-down, etc.

But part of tracking down the HT stuff is looking at the plug. What does
the plug look like?  How does it compare with #1 or #3? What happens if
you flip the plugs beteen the holes.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. But anyone that "hangs" with me knows
that I go for the compression gauge and leak-down tester pretty early in
the game. I def. got my $$$ worth out of those tools in the last 30 years
or so!

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489