Re: [6pack] Corrosion in cylinder bores

To: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Corrosion in cylinder bores
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:36:32 -0500
All abrasives work by donating some of the abrasive material to the process
of removing what ever they come into contact with.  In my limited
experience, emery cloth does shed particles quite quickly: good quality high
number (420 and above) wet and dry will still shed bits, but at a reduced
level and the particles will be small.

A hone will also leave its own detritus, although it will be very fine
particles.

I think the message is that after you finish the rust removal, make sure you
flush the bores and any orifices nearby with liberal quantities of cleaning
solvent.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6