Re: [6pack] Floating ground

To: Steve Kirsis <sakirsis@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Floating ground
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:23:53 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Steve Kirsis wrote:

> Dave, start with attaching the cable to the battery post. The "near-midpoint
> connection tab" then is attached to the lower (or upper) eye bolt, lastly
> the end connection tab is attached to the fire wall. The bell housing is not
> used as a grounding point. Steve Kirsis

Interesting. My car's been grounded incorrectly since it left the factory.
Mine goes battery, firewall and then to the rear engine plate (at the
10:30-ish location).

I'll have to fix that.

:-)

Seriously, this is one of those little details that can cause fits for the
concours folks. Look in the literature for a picture to show which is
correct. Any underhood shots should give a hint at the proper method.

I'm not kidding that my car from new goes battery, bulkhead - rear engine
plate.

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489