Re: [6pack] brake fuild

To: "'Bob'" <rpeglow@optonline.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] brake fuild
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:53:26 -0500
Do what you like but I have a friend who owned a pristine TR250.  He
switched to silicone fluid and after several months started having issues
with his brakes.  Eventually they ended up failing.  There are some adverse
reaction between the silicone and the rubber used in the master cylinder and
the rest of the braking system.  I realize there are many folks that use it
and swear by it, but I had a chance to see firsthand what happened to my
friend's car soon after conversion to silicone fluid.

He ended up having to replace the entire system at quite a bit of a cost.
For me, that is just not worth the risk.  I don't use it.

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/