Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hemmings email - non LBC
From: grego@sandesco.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:33:14 -0800
Quoting John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>:

> Joseph Grant wrote:
>> I was surprised to see a vast amount of diesel powered vehicles.  Ditto
for
>> city streets, either in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, etc.
> performance in high speed driving. The days when small diesels were
> a pain to use because of their
> noise, vibration and exhaust smell are over. They are quiet,
> amazingly smooth, very responsive with
> truckloads of torque at very low rpm and supremely reliable.

I'll second that! I have an F350 crew-cab long bed diesel that gets
better mileage than my TR6. I run biodiesel so overall, it is
better on the environment than our Honda Civic! That and it's a
turbo charged V8 with almost 600ft/lbs of torque. When I floor it
and spool up the turbo, it sounds simply awesome. Gets going amazingly
fast. That and it's 8,000lbs. I love diesels! But don't worry, I
am not an idiot truck racer. I usually drive it very conservatively,
being aware of the stopping distance and mass.

-grego