Re: [6pack] Clutch Replacement

To: johncnorth@gmail.com (John North)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch Replacement
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:58:33 -0800
FWIW---There are several places on the TR where the location of the seal
can be moved farther up or down, giving a new area for the new seal to
ride. All we're trying to do here is stay out of any groove that has
been worn into the shaft. Changing the location by as little as .090
could be enough.

I found this to work on the rear engine seal, tranny tail shaft, & diff
pinion shaft. Turning around the bushing on the crankshaft.will also
give a new spot for the front engine seal.

Dick

  From: johncnorth@gmail.com(John North)

Alan, can you tell us what speedie sleeve you are using and the process
for installing?   Seems like this seal always leaks...
John North