Re: [6pack] TR6 exhausts

To: "'Erik'" <aktifspeed@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 exhausts
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:49:44 -0500
Erik,

Like shopping for audio speakers, everyone has their preferences and there
are many choices.  So really the best way to decide is try to listen, either
through files sent to you or in person.

Although the ANSA system for my 250 is slightly different than the two pipe
system I've heard both and they sound very similar.  I've also heard Monza
as well as other names long since gone and none have made an impression on
me as much as the ANSAs.  And I still have my original ANSAs that were on
the car for 30 years and 50,000 miles of driving before it went into
'hibernation' in 1982.  There are no rusted through pinholes and the chrome
tips still shine.  I plan to put these back on to see how they sound after
all of these years.

Needless to say, as part of my restoration I HAD to find a NOS single pipe
ANSA system (the one with the straight cut tips, not angled like what is
available now only for two pipe exhaust).  On that note I am sure the two
pipe system can be converted for a single pipe but have not heard of any so
can't speak to that as fact.

Once I put ANSAs on my 250 in the late 70s it seemed to transform the car.
The exhaust note is distinctive without being loud - deep, throaty and
refined (think Ferrari).  The radio simply became an intrusion to that
wonderful new exhaust note as I would go through the gears, no matter if
accelerating or downshifting.  Hopefully I'll be hearing that sound again
this summer once the restoration is finished!

Good luck in your search.

Greg Dito
CD6250L

I'm in need of a new exhaust system as well, ... Does anyone know
how the ANSA system compares to the Monza in terms of sound volume &
quality of build?