Re: [6pack] TR6 mufflers

To: "Robert N. Clark" <rclark@robertsonclark.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 mufflers
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:14:19 -0800
        Bob:

        I used glass packs in high school. My big objection to them was
that the fiberglass packing eventually loads up with carbon, and then
they get LOUD.
        As David Vizard also mentions, many of them flow surprisingly
poorly because of the steel dimples that protrude into the gas stream.
Often these are wedge shaped such that you can increase the flow by
simply reversing the muffler during installation. The better glass pack
designs have the dimples protrude into the fiberglass packing rather
than protruding into the gas stream. These flow very well, but they are
noticeably louder.
        Sooner or later they *ALL* get loud no matter what.

        Cheers,

        Vance