Re: [6pack] Emissions in the future-is retrofitting possible?

To: lajomor05@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Emissions in the future-is retrofitting possible?
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:59:27 EST
Larry,
Taking a note from California, the best they could hope to accomplish is to
pass legislation requiring older cars to retain original emissions equipment.
Taking them off the road would be political suicide. Retrofitting a
non-catalytic car is just impossible.

California legislators managed to eliminate a hard-won rolling 30-year
exemption with AB 2683 a few years ago that now only exempts 1975 and older
cars
from current smog requirements. Thanks for nothing, State Senator Mike
Machado. We'll be hearing from these guys again before it's over. My point here
 is
that, regrettably, California usually leads the pack on this stuff and they
haven't been successful in taking older cars off the road either. My advice is
to keep your smog pumps, etc., if only on the shelf.

Steve