Re: [6pack] oil leak fixes

To: Jim Berg <jberg@bepc.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] oil leak fixes
From: <johnehorton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:39:42 -0800 (PST)
There is a secrete about stopping leaks.  It is called CLEAN.  I found out that
after cleaning  mating surfaces  by scraping,  scraping again,  cleaning with
acetone until the metal shown, I was able to seal up any leaks.  Your sealant
must have a clean surface to adhere to. The slightest amount of dirt or oil and
the new seal does not set.  Try that, it will surprise you.  John H.  By the
want the original gaskets work just great.

Jim Berg <jberg@bepc.com> wrote: List, sometime this winter I am planning on
replacing some lower gaskets in an
attempt to stop some of the oil leaks that have been present on my 76 for some
time now.   I seem to remember at one point that someone was selling a "new
and improved" front sealing block.  Has anybody out there ever replaced or
worked on this part or for that matter tried the new aftermarket piece?  I
seem to remember seeing it on ebay.  As far as the pan gasket goes, is there
an after market gasket that does a better job of sealing the pan?  Any
suggestions, help, advice etc is much appreciated in stopping most of the
leaks anyway.
6pack@autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You are subscribed as johnehorton@yahoo.com