Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter

To: rclark@robertsonclark.com (Robert N. Clark)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:44:49 -0800
Bob---The square ring is generally good for more than one canister
removal, IF the canister is round and the perimeter is smooth. It helps
to put it back in the same clocked position, by noting the AC embossing,
or other mark before removal. I change my 'ring about every three years,
or whenever the engine comes out, whichever comes first. I have found
that if the unit is going to leak, it will be right after the engine is
started, after the oil canister is replaced. Usually the result of not
getting the canister square to the block recess.

I also use a (Harbor Freight) dental pick, by stabbing the rubber about
midpoint along one side, and liftng sraight up. (A nail should work in a
pinch) This causes the rubber to pop out of the groove.

Dick

E-mail message

Sender: 6pack-bounces+tr6taylor=webtv.net@autox.team.net From:
rclark@robertsonclark.com(Robert N. Clark) Date: Fri, Dec 21, 2007,
11:40am To: Vsnively@aol.com, im_sloane@hotmail.com,
stuartt@tlthompson.com, Lfm614@aol.com Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject:
Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter
I have to admit that I have been in Stuart's position as well but if it
doesn't leak when it goes back together, why mess with it?
Bob Clark
'69 TR6

.....If anybody has a handy tip for getting that seal out, the list
could probably use it. I use two small screwdrivers in one hand with a
squeeze technique I'm not sure I could describe. :)
Happy first day of Winter on Saturday. Half way back to Top-down season.
Sloane :o)
69-Six
I have never used one and it hasn't > leaked a drop> of oil (from the
canister) in almost 5 years of ownership.> > I'll take a closer look
next
time
and see what I am missing.> > Stuart Thompson>