[6pack] Water Pump Seal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Water Pump Seal
From: dmo <osternd@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:30:03 -0500
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (who celebrate it)

I have a late model water pump that is leaking and was wondering if
anyone has had any success at rebuilding them.  I successfully separated
the impeller from the body, and the bearing assembly looked to be in
great shape, but the seal is shot.  I don't recall ever seeing a seal
like this, as it looks to use a spring to press part of the seal against
the impeller.  Hope that makes some sense . . .

Any ideas of where I might be able to get a seal for the pump?  There
are no obvious markings on the seal that helps identify manufacturer or
number.

TIA!

Dale O
'76 TR6