Re: [6pack] TR6 timing Chain Tensioner Question 2

To: triumph@2simpleusa.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 timing Chain Tensioner Question 2
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:52:37 -0800
Tony---There are forces at work that could improve the whole front
engine cover, using  cast aluminum along with a hydraulic chain
tensioner. I won't put him on the spot for when this (product) will come
about, but I understand it's on the drawing board.

Grandma who?

Dick

From: triumph@2simpleusa.com(<triumph@2simpleusa.com>)

Thanks Dick,
I am sure that Grandma Hoses would have given a more pithy reply!
You are probably right; I was just surprised at how flimsy the unit is
compared to those used in small Fords (with a tensioner of about the
same length, albeit a single row chain). There is a reference in one of
Kastner's articles regarding the tensioner, plus the Improving your TR5,
250 and 6 book also mentions a means of improving the tensioner ... so I
was guessing that someone in the list was familiar with how this might
be done!
Tony Gordon
72 TR6