[6pack] Flywheel and clutch choices

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Flywheel and clutch choices
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:54:17 -0500
Completing my engine rebuild - this is a street performance motor,
9.5:1, ports opened and polished, all balanced etc.   I am trying to
decide on the flywheel and clutch combination.   My current B&B is a
bear of a clutch, fierce on take up and very difficult to operate
smoothly in low gears.   I hear the Sachs plate is smoother and
softer.   I am also looking at an alloy flywheel, perhaps Ted
Schumakers.

What impact does so light a flywheel have on street usability?   Would
I be better lightening the stock one?   I am looking for a combination
of power and smooth operation since I plan to drive this car pretty
much exclusively on the street.   Will the Sach's pressure plate match
up OK and be suitable in this combination?

Any suggestions or alternatives appreciated

John North