[6pack] Valve Guide Fit, Intake Port Size

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph 6 Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Valve Guide Fit, Intake Port Size
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:54:44 -0400
Listers,

A few years back I had extensive cylinder head work done by a performance
machine shop that specializes in British and Japanese engines. The head has
not been assembled to the engine yet.  Since then I have two questions:

1)  As a rough approximation, what is the maximum intake port diameter for a
modified 6-cyl street engine with oversized valves and 282 duration cam?
2)  How much of an interference fit should silicon-bronze valve guides have
with the head?  Should it be possible to push them out with firm finger
pressure?  How much pressure should one expect to apply when inserting
guides?   (OK, four questions for those who are counting...)

Thanks in advance.

Greg D
CD6250