[6pack] To supercharge or not to supercharge, that is the question...

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] To supercharge or not to supercharge, that is the question...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:03:16 -0700
        Stan:

        I will admit, they guy with the most impressive equipment is the
one who is the envy of others in the locker room. I completely
understand why people want to put all the polished billet stuff on the
motor, the triple Webers, superchargers, etc.
        Unfortunately that gene got overridden in me by the "cheap"
gene. That is why I love sleepers - look stock but have extra grunt when
you need it. But I would not dream of telling someone that they can't
dress up the engine bay with the "gee-whiz" stuff. However, I am
secretly thinking to myself "What inadequacies are they compensating
for?" (Just kidding).
        I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into a really well
engineered engine bay, along with some nice dress up. But then my
"cheap" gene engages and drags me back to reality; I have hallucinations
about my wallet crumbling into dust, my stomach ties in a knot, and I
experience explosive flatulence. In short, I can't bring myself to spend
money on looks. But I appreciate those who do it.
        I was at an all Triumph drive last year, and I foolishly entered
my car in the judging. My car looked pretty good, but it was all stock
(OK, it was stock looking, as the engine has been modified). I figured
people would appreciate the purity of my car. WRONG. It was the cars
with BLING that got the prizes. Triple Webers, non factory paint
schemes, chrome roll bars, etc all got "peoples choice" awards while I
got zip, nada, zilch. NOT THAT I AM BITTER!!!! Now where did I put my
assault rifle....?
        Back to reality. I would admire anyone who took the time and
energy (not to mention money) to install a supercharger in a TR6...
until my cheap gene kicked in, at least.

        Cheers,

        Vance