[6pack] RE: Moss supercharging question

To: Jerry Shaw <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: [6pack] RE: Moss supercharging question
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 01:36:21 +0000
Thanks Jerry. I had to lobotomize my original post to get it past the autox
alligator but in it I made the point that under most driving conditions the
supercharged car is running pretty much as a normally aspirated car (only
better due perhaps to the better airflow through the SC and plenum/manifold)
other then when you push the go pedal and start to get boost and at that point
you enjoy exceptional acceleration and torque. Contrast that with a tuned
engine with high compression head, cam, carbs etc that is going to be running
in that form each and every second that the engine is turning. So while
pottering around town or cruising on the highway the SC is not really engaged
until its services are requested.

The supercharger also looks so cool, well the ones that don't have the Holley
carb and that horrid looking air filter..

Of course triple side draught Webers look cool too...

As does EFI/TBI..

So many choices.

Stan