RE: [6pack] Re: Electric fuel pump set up

To: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>, "6-Pack"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Re: Electric fuel pump set up
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:10:27 -0700
        John:

        After I store my car for the winter (my baby sleeps inside when
it gets yucky outside) I manually prime the carbs with the priming lever
on my <ahem> stock fuel pump. Otherwise the cranking times are long. A
fuel pump would almost instantly prime the carbs. Yes, the chipmunks
powering the stock fuel pump need a kick in the backside after
hibernating all winter. <Sigh> Good help is SO hard to find.
        OTOH, when the car has at least been occasionally driven, I
*barely* touch the key and she starts right up. Try *THAT* with fuel
injection, technophile weenies!!!!!

        Luddite and proud of it,

        Vance