RE: [6pack] Rule of 13??

To: "Bill & AnnaBelle" <anabil007@comcast.net>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: [6pack] Rule of 13??
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:24:28 -0500
Hi Bill,

What a coincidence, I just finished adjusting the valves on my 73 TR6.  The
rule of 13 means that when valve 1 is fully open, you adjust number 12.
Take the number of the valve you want to set, subtract it from 13, then be
sure the corresponding valve is fully open. to save time here is the order
in which the valves open. . . .

FULLY OPEN       ADJUST
        1                         12
        7                          6
        9                          4
        2                         11
        5                          8
       10                         3
       12                         1
        6                          7
        4                          9
       11                         2
        8                          5
        3                          10

Of course this meant I had to refinish the valve cover. That made the air
cleaner look bad so it got bead blasted and repainted too.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR^
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN