Re: [6pack] No oil pressure

To: bamxn@triad.rr.com (Bruce Moxon)
Subject: Re: [6pack] No oil pressure
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:01:05 -0700
 Bruce---First, I'll state the obvious. Be sure you replaced the oil,
after draining the crankcase. ; }
Check the dipstick?

Next, altho apparantly nothing you did should have caused this, I'd
check to see if the distributor drive gear was engaging the oil pump
drive dog.

If all of this does not turn up an explanation, it would seem that the
pump itself has sheered its shaft. (never seen this happen) It's not too
hard to remove and check this, but it would be the last thing on my
list.

Let us know!

Dick

From:
bamxn@triad.rr.com(Bruce Moxon)

I just finished changing my oil and filter (spin on) and when I went to
start up, no oil pressure. I pulled the coil wire and turned over for
about 1 minute and still no pressure. I took the filter off and it does
not seem to be getting any oil. I pulled the oil pressure release valve
( replaced within the past year ) and turned over the engine - no oil.
So I am down to thinking of a problem with the pump. The car has had
great oil pressure up until now. Changing oil just a coincidence? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce
TR250