[6pack] Flywheel question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Flywheel question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:51:52 -0700 (PDT)
Joe,

  If you are having a new ring gear installed on the flywheel don't forget to
take advntage of the opportunity to turn it over 180 degrees so that the angle
of the gears match the TR 6 starter angle.  From past posts I understand that
the angle of the gear on the flywheel was originally designed to accommodate a
starter on the earlier TRs which were bolted onto the bell housing from the
rear.  Why they never changed it is unknown, probably had a bunch already made
up this way.  This makes the flywheel gear angle on the later cars with the
front mounted starter incorrect.  It still works but adds to the wearing on the
gears where the starter initially engages.  I suspect you have already been
advised of this or that it is part of the instructions on the web site to which
you were referrred.   If not someone on the list who has done it before can
elaborate on this since it came from members on this list.  Good luck.

  Mike Lunsford

       Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user
panel and lay it on
us.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel