[6pack] Steering Rack Install

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Steering Rack Install
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 17:36:06 -0700
I tried to use various clamp setups to squeeze the rack bushings outwards to
make a tight install with no side movement. It did not work as well as hoped.
So, I made a speader to push both clamps outwards at the same time. See the
link for the finished product. It is hard to see from the picture;  one end is
threaded and screws through one of the steel blocks. The other end turns
freely and makes the other end move as the shaft is turned. It worked well.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/ajs1945_album/

If anyone in the Seattle area is doing a steering rack install and wants to
borrow the tool, please let me know. This will give me a good reason for
making a tool that I will have (hopefully) only used once.

Andy

70 TR6

Renton, WA