[6pack] RE: Hylomar HPF

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] RE: Hylomar HPF
From: KT <ktnkt@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 20:34:32 -0400
Hey folks,
   save yer money if you want the "real" Hylomar HPF. I bought a couple tubes
of the Universal Blue (at something like $18.00/tube), because I was going
through withdrawals whilst doing my TR3 rebuild. It ain't the same stuff. Seems
to be rather like silicone gasket sealant than the nice, even flowing,
cosmic-blue reusable dressing of the original. Universal Blue is much thicker
and doesn't flow out at all.
  Fortunately. I have a very tiny bit of the real stuff left that may get me
through my restoration. I have to hide it when friends stop by!!
  If someone does find a source for the real deal- Hylomar HPF- please let
me/us know.....!
  Thanks,
Kevin T
Cape Cod, Ma.

  Dave said:
Jay,
When I called Permatex about  Hylomar HPF availability, they told me
that Hylomar had raised the price again so they dropped it.

I haven't tried their (Permatex) substitute which they claim is "just
as good".

The real Hylomar is still available from a different source.
http://www.hylomar-usa.com/

Dave Russell