[6pack] stromberg carb needles B1AQ requested

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] stromberg carb needles B1AQ requested
From: "Pim Alferink" <p.alferink@pasal.nl>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 23:57:28 +0200
Listers,
I just finished an engine rebuild (newest TH12 camshaft ex Kent) + 9.5:1
compression + adapted ignition.
However, the engine just doesn't run right.
Now also installed two lambda sensors. Turns out the carbs are rich at idle,
OK at very low airflow and waaay to lean under load. The hick-ups I am
experiencing coincide with a very quick change in mixture (from rich to
super-lean). So I figure I need different carbs or different needles. There
are not that many adjustable needles available for the Strombergs that I am
having. However, the Strombergs served me well (were rebuild) and are in good
shape. I got this spreadsheet wherein a whole long list of needles were
measured. Also some old data from Volvo came in handy. I have the regular B1AF
needles now. Because they are already rich at idle, new needles need also be
of the B1 type (when using Triumph nomenclature). Now it turns out that the
old Stag needles are B1AQ and they are much richer as of half the lift. This
may be what I am looking for.
Is there anyone out there wishing to part from a set of (old) B1AQ needles?
Have people trimmed old needles to enrichen mixture? Experience?
You can approach me off-list if you want at p.alferink@pasal.nl
Right now driving with the choke halfway in order to keep lambda above 1 and
to have the car accelerate the way it should.
Pim
Pimento '73

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
PASAL (P. Alferink).vcf]