carpet side-panel question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: carpet side-panel question
From: Cregg Cowan <cregg.cowan@sri.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:29:56 -0800
Hi,

I need information on the carpet "side" panels --- the ones that go beside
your feet.
I haven't had these panels in my car in many years and am wondering about
how they should be held in place once I get them.

I removed both front fenders for some minor rust repair (on the sill ends)
and noticed a couple of drilled holes in the sheet metal
that would be covered by the carpet panels.  I'm wondering if these are
holes drilled by the DPO (e.g., for hanging speaker enclosures)
or if they are for holding the side carpet panel.   That is, should I leave
these holes or fill them?

TIA,
Cregg Cowan
CC 63192L