pertronics question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: pertronics question
From: Colin Thom <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:08:51 -0800
Hi Ganganyone ever had problems with a Pertronics unit other than a
complete lack of spark? Ive got a stumble off the line and only under
load. Throttle response once I get past about 1500 rpm is fine. It
starts fine. It idles fine. Ive got a new cap and rotor. Timing is at
about 12-14 BTDC with vacuum disabled. Im sure the mixture is OK, but I
enriched things by about < turn just for fun. This, plus the new rotor
(which had a small crack) and the new cap improved things, but the
problem is still there. Im wondering if I should go back to points and
a condenser or, since the thing runs, its safe to assume that my
Pertronics unit is OK. Ive heard that they fail, but when they fail,
youre dead, not sick. Comments?? Thanks. colinthom@shaw.ca