TR6 slotted brake rotors.

To: Joseph Grant <joseph.grant@bowtie6.com>, 6-Pack email
Subject: TR6 slotted brake rotors.
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:59:35 -0500
Hi all,

I installed the Brembo vented/sloted rotors along with a set of
Raybestos pad I sourced from TRF. Well, the stopping power is terrible
!! I'm leaning toward the pads as the main culprit. They produce no
"stick" or "bite". I get two  hard stops and then it's a sled. VERY
dangerous. The rotors do produce more noise than stock units as it slows
to about 25 mph, you hear the pad running over either the holes or the
slot. I can't imagine them causing a slippery feel. Again, I think the
pads are either not a good combination for the rotor or just JUNK. I'll
know better when I try another brand.

I wiped the rotors down with brake clean before installing so I know
there was no reason for them to glaze the way they look. They look
scorched or blued. The pads are only good for one aggressive stop then
they fade quickly. The Raybestos box I received from TRF looked like old
inventory but aside from that if it turns out to be the pads they should
be removed from the shelf.

Any body have a better source for semi-metalic pads.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.