Re: Water Wetter

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Wetter
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:50:41 -0800
 Michael, of Miami!
All of the things you did probably improved circulation, and Water
Wetter does what it's supposed to do. However, it's the thermostat that
ultimately is supposed to keep the engine from running too cool.
Whatever degree number is on the 'stat is what you should ultimately be
seeing on the gauge.
I have found an exception to the above, when driving thru a snow storm,
and the engine simply didn't produce enough heat to bring the temp up to
"normal".

Dick

From:
SamuelsMA@aol.com

 Listers:
As a follow-up to my coolant change post yesterday, I completed the job
without any problems. I removed the thermostat for the flushing part,
and replaced it while sealing with blue RTV. I used a combination of 60%
water and 40% Prestone. Per a recommendation from a list member, I also
added some Redline Water Wetter.
I had used this product in the past in my Porsche 968 track car, but
that car always ran cool and I didn't notice any particular difference.
In my TR6, the temp gauge was running just on the cool side of the
midpoint in typical driving just prior to the coolant change. Now, it is
running just on the warm side of the 1/4 mark (cool half of the gauge).
The only explanation I have is either that I dislodged some crud that
was preventing proper circulation of coolant, or that the Water Wetter
is lowering the temperature. This may actually sound too cool, but our
temps in Miami are only in the high 70s right now, while they go to the
mid-90s in the summer, so I will take any help in reducing coolant
temperatures.
Just thought I'd pass this on. Merry Christmas, everybody.
Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF 57044U