Goodpart Cams - Anyone Using One?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Goodpart Cams - Anyone Using One?
From: Mike Pisani <mpisani099@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 08:12:05 -0800 (PST)
Hey Listers,
I'd like to get a little more pep out of my engine.
The supercharger option is a great one, but cost
prohibitive.  So, I'm considering installing a hotter
than stock cam.

Does anyone out there have any experience with, or a
good knowledge, of these cams?  I have a few questions
about using a GP2 cam - for street use only.

- First of all, is anything but a stock cam worthwhile
for street use?  As much as I'd like the extra power,
I don't want a rough or finicky engine at low RPM.

- Good Parts offers new chilled iron cams and reground
cams, but the web site doesn't explain the differences
or why you'd use one over the other.  Again, for
street use, is there any reason not to use the
reground cam?

- The website also recommends upgrading to high
performance valve springs.  Any idea why?  What's
wrong with using the standard springs with the new
cam?

- And what about the Good Part tappets?  Are standard
new tappets OK to use?

Sorry for the length of email, but I don't want to
regret any decisions in this matter, since using a new
cam is not a simple bolt-on change.

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
'69 TR6 (w/.060 pistons)