Re: Speedi Sleeve size for Differential Pinion Flange

To: shannm2@triad.rr.com (Shannon Muncy)
Subject: Re: Speedi Sleeve size for Differential Pinion Flange
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:15:35 -0800
Shannon---I don't have the source for the Speedisleeve handy, but if
there's evidence of a groove, there could be a (one-time) way around
this. Tap the new seal down about 1/32 inch deeper into the bore, You'll
pick up a new area for the seal to work with.
(There's lots of places on the TR where this approach works)

Dick

From:
shannm2@triad.rr.com(Shannon Muncy)

Hello list!
I've got a leaky front seal on my differential and I've heard that some
have had good luck with using a Speedi Sleeve to remedy this. Would
anyone of you chaps happen to know a part number and who might have it?
Thanks in advance!
-Shannon
72 TR6