Re: blown head gasket

To: "jeff m" <jmackd1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: blown head gasket
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:10:36 -0400
Hi Jeff,
Wouldn't recommend that approach. One thing that you need to insure is that
there is no other damage that could have caused the head gasket to go. Like
a cracked head, or block. You can take a visual with the head off.
Additionally, and as important you need to make sure all the old gasket
material is off the block and head. But unless you plan on removing all the
head bolts, you will not be able to slide the gasket in. The gasket must be
seated properly. And if memory serves me correctly, there are different
heads requiring different gaskets. Unless you know the original engine is in
the car, you could get the wrong gasket. Plus the heads are a booger to get
off more times than not.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A