TR250 clutch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 clutch
From: ghamilton99@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:15:06 +0000
Hello:

I have my interior out on my TR250 & am thinking abut pulling the tranny to
replace my squelling throw out bearing.  The clutch seems to operate normally,
no slipping, etc, but I do have a slight resistance on the return of the pedal
about half way up the travel.

I am going to check the clutch fork & other hardware as recommended, but here
is my question.

With all the misery I have been hearing with replacement clutch set ups do I
just replace the TO bearing with a good OE used one I got with a drive train
setup?  The backup unit I have was fully assembled on on the flywheel of a
supposedly rebuilt engine.  I haven't looked at it in a while, so I don't
remember the brand.

Is there a way to test the spring pressure on the cover & measure the thickness
of the plate & compare to new? When I get the tranny out I am wondering if I
can do a visual & some sort of mechanical inspection of my backup unit & just
replace it as a unit.

I will obviously do the pilot bushing while I have it apart.

--
Gary J. Hamilton

p.s. last time I did a TR clutch was on my 1st TR250 back in '77; didn't seem
to be all the issues of today as parts were all OEM back then.

Thanks for any input.