Tip: New Headlight Switch Needs Modding...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tip: New Headlight Switch Needs Modding...
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:54:35 +0000
Hello.

thanks for the advice about the 'clicking brake pads' ... i tried something,
but
will need to test this weekend.

a while back i had trouble with the headlights coming on.
ok, before the jokes about Lucas start flying....i RARELY ever
have trouble with electrical, and if i do...it is merely age.

well, i trouble shooted and found that the headlight switch (which i
replaced
the original back in 1993) - this newer aftermarket switch had some grease
build up and covered the contacts. i cleaned it, but due to heat i suppose
more grease covered the contacts.
i bought a NEW aftermarket switch, but guess what?

when i plugged it all up, were reversed with the off signal...
otherwise it worked, but i had to install the switch up-side down.
i think that was the only issue, so i never bothered to share my
experience...
anyway, i had to take the switch apart and turn the parts around.
wondered if anyone else experienced this or maybe needed the tip.

I will definetly add a relay to this switch to reduce the load.
Here is some info. regarding relays:
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/technical/tr6headlights.htm
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/technical/TR6HeadlightCircuit_files/slide0001.htm

james 1976
tr6

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!