Tahiti Blue

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, samuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: Tahiti Blue
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:58:47 -0400
Michael wrote:
>I noticed that it did not mention Tahiti Blue,
>which I was led to believe is a '76-only color.

When I bought my Tahiti Blue TR6 in 1989, TRF did not
list the color as original on TR6s - they do now.

>I did have a brief correspondence with another
>lister who had a '76 in the same  color.

I'm guessing that was me (Hi again, Michael)

I believe that Tahiti Blue was originally a Spitfire
color.  JackMc has it right - I've only ever seen
black or tan interiors in the dozen or so "original"
Tahiti Blue TR6s I've run across over the last 17 years.
A friend in NJ had (has?) a sister car to mine that he
bought years ago from somebody in CT - same colors
(Tahiti Blue and Tan) and our vehicle ID numbers are
only 7 digits apart.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH
(see my car in the June 2006 issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car)